Coalition of Firewise Communities Agenda
Tuesday October 6th, 2020 – 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
Community FireWise Educational Event
Our Mission: The coalition promotes fire safety through advocacy, education, and community involvement with other stakeholders interested in working toward stronger fire safety practices.
Welcome, introduce format of evening Bob Long
- Reminders –
- This is the time to take personal responsibility,
- Ready, Set, Go is our motto, but Ready is behind us. Now is the time to be Set, and Go
- Sign up for Code Red (see mynevadacounty.com – Wildfire Prep button, then bottom of that page under Helpful Links))
- Bookmark Ready Nevada County Dashboard https://nevcounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=dfae8e3b36e3455bbf9dcc865349e72e
- Remember to call 211 for information during an emergency
- Know your evacuation destination, plan for more than one, find your five
- Have an out of the area contact – land lines and cell may be limited locally.
- Reminder Officer Terms end Dec 31st. We are still seeking a new Chair. Don’t make me call you😊
Cal Fire Jim Mathias
Consolidated Terry McMahan/Patrick Mason
FireSafe council Update Jamie Jones/Donn Thane
Changes to PSPS Events Brandon Sanders PG&E
Generator Safety Greg Cameron
Next meeting: November 3rd, 2020
ZOOM unless otherwise notified.