Coalition of Firewise Communities
Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Our quarterly Coalition meeting will be based in Truckee in eastern Nevada County. Join us at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 1 in the US Forest Service conference room: 10811 Stockrest Springs Rd, Truckee.
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIpce2pqDovG9xOJsFgJMo9LYnJ2PWKwAfP
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Registration is required for all attendees (including in-person).
Partner Reports: Craig Griesbach, County OES; Matt Wallen, Cal Fire; Fire Safe Council.
Brief History of the Coalition and Quick Tour of the Website: Susan Rogers
- Truckee Fire District will update their services and activities for local Firewise Communities
- Alessandra Zambrano from the County Office of Emergency Services will solicit input on the Nevada County Community Wildfire Protection Plan Survey
- Supervisor Hardy Bullock will lead a townhall-style meeting about Firewise Communities working together
- ALL INTERESTED RESIDENTS are invited to attend in person - both FWC representatives and members of the public.
- Firewise Community leaders who find it difficult to attend in person are welcome to use Zoom.
- If you have any symptoms of illness, please use Zoom.
- Click below to register now for the meeting. Everyone will receive the Zoom link, but we’re asking FWC representatives to make every effort to attend in-person.
Sign up for our mailing list here to receive information on future meetings and occasional other announcements.
Here is our archive of video recordings of our monthly meetings, listing the topics presented with hotlinks to jump to each program speaker.
Acronym Key - What does THAT mean?
- AB38: state law requiring homes for sale to be inspected for defensible space disclosure
- BLM - Bureau of Land Management
- CO 2477 (formerly CO 2463) - County Hazardous Vegetation Ordinance (right to extend 100 feet beyond property line & rural road rules 10-10-15)
- Cal Fire - California State Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
- DSAV - Defensible Space Advisory Visit (free, from a trained Fire Safe Council volunteer)
- DSI - Defensible Space Inspector - County employee empowered to enforce codes
- EQIP - Environmental Quality Incentives Program
- FWC - Firewise Community
- FSC - Fire Safe Council
- IC - Incident Commander
- ICP - Incident Command Post
- LTO - Licensed Timber Operator
- NCCFWC - Nevada County Coalition of Firewise Communities
- NCSO - Nevada County Sheriff's Office
- OES - Office of Emergency Services, County of Nevada
- PRC 4291 - Public Resource Code concerning 100ft of Defensible Space around homes
- RPF - Registered Professional Forester
- SAR - Search and Rescue (volunteers supporting the NC Sheriff's Office)
- THP - Timber Harvest Plan